This project is read-only.

Great potential

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Thanks, I think this is what I've been looking for. And it's really what Umbraco misses: An easy to use member profile mangement tool. As you write, then this tool really has potential (just a shame that I currently cannot get it to work - see my post in the issue tracker). But I have a few questions and suggestions.

First of all then I don't understand why no fields are showing up if they are placed on the "Generic Properties" tab, the tab is showing up - it's just empty. I don't know if this is an error or just a problem with my configuration.

What I would really like to see is an option to just display the profile - in read-only mode.

And finally an option to use the tool to create new members.

There are a few other "member profile" tools available to day. But if this tool would get just a little more robust, then it basically has it all. The most important (in my point of view) is that it says as simple as possible: That you can download and install the package and use it without any additional configuration. And even IF additional configuration options is required later, then it should be possible to use without changing anything.

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to see what you are coming up with, and I'll be happy to contribute as much as I can.